This is yogafusion’s signature class based on The Barkan Method a hatha style of yoga which originates from Calcutta, India.
No, it’s not Bikram yoga.
Each class has a baseline structure but open to variation to keep you challenged, excited and motivated.
Practiced at 36 degrees, this hot style of yoga will:
- Strengthen and stretch all areas of your body.
- Improve concentration, which helps to quiet the mind, and nourish the soul.
- Reach deep into the tissue helping to relieve tension and stress whilst the heat allows you to detox, sweat and cleanse.
Hot yoga has been known to help with overcoming many physical and emotional problems, such as sciatica, back and neck problems, and even depression.
This dynamic style of yoga involves flowing from pose to pose with focus on the breath, developing internal heat.
Each class is based on the same framework with variation to create mindful awareness both on a physical and mental level.
At times qualified assistants are also in the class to enhance your experience of the practice.
Practiced at 32 degrees, this vinyasa style promotes:
- Fusion of body with breath.
- Strengthening, healing and detoxifying your body.
- Development of cardiovascular strength, flexibility, endurance and mental clarity.
Suitable for beginners, especially if you wish to start your practice at a lower temperature.
A restorative class that targets the connective tissues, ligaments and joints in the body. Yin is not heated and is practiced at room temperature where postures are mostly floor based, held for longer (3-5 mins) and integrate mindfulness, making this a deep nourishing meditative practice.
Yin accesses the deep stale energy stored in the body that over time has become stagnant due to immobile joints.
You will be encouraged to:
- Focus deep into your body.
- Feel the different types of sensation as the connective tissue is stretched.
- Invite stillness into both body and mind.
This practice is also great for people who have injuries and want to be careful but still stay connected to a physical practice.
Our prenatal yoga classes are designed to nurture and support you through your pregnancy journey. Led by qualified prenatal yoga teachers, it is safe to attend from 12 weeks to full term.
Prenatal yoga can also assist with common pregnancy ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic instability, nausea and fatigue.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns! We encourage you advise your health care provider that you are attending prenatal yoga.
Non pregnant women preparing for pregnancy as well as post natal women are also welcome to attend these classes.
Prenatal yoga at yogafusion will help you:
- Gain and maintain strength.
- Build flexibility and endurance to assist you throughout your pregnancy and delivery.
- Reduce stress and improve sleep quality.
- Learn breathing and relaxation exercises.
- Allow you time and space to connect with your baby, as well as other mums-to-be.
View our prenatal prices to book your class now.
These classes are suitable for Mums with babies from 6 weeks until crawling. Please reach out if you'd like more info.
This class incorporates post-natal strengthening and stretching as well as baby yoga and massage
You can the practice to:
- Create space for yourself.
- Nourish & nurture both you and your baby.
- Connect with other like minded new Mums.
These are all very baby friendly classes:
- Whatever it is your baby wants to do!
You can view our pre & postnatal prices here.
Yoga is a wonderful way for children to build connection in a non-competitive, nurturing and inclusive environment. These classes involve fun, challenging and achievable yoga poses, sequences, stories and games.
Classes are themed to introduce children to the concepts of peace, respect, gratitude and acceptance. Parents and care givers are welcome to watch, join in or wait in our cozy reception area
Please come in loose, comfortable clothing and bring a drink bottle. You can bring your own yoga mat or use one of ours.
Kids yoga will help your child to:
- Build focus and concentration
- Refine balance and coordination
- Improve awareness and confidence
- Learn breathing and relaxation exercises