Who is this training for?
- Those who love hot yoga and want to take their practice and knowledge to the next level
- Anyone considering becoming a yoga teacher but not yet ready to make the 200 hour training commitment
- Yoga teachers wanting to receive their 80hour certification in Barkan Method Vinyasa Flow
Practitioners: Immerse yourself in a week of yoga practice, theory, philosophy and history
Teachers: Earn an 80 hour, accredited Teacher Training to learn The Barkan Method Vinyasa Flow
When: 8th November, for 7 incredible days
About the course
Jimmy’s interactive approach of teaching goes beyond motivational; with compassion and understanding, Jimmy connects with each of his students on a personal level and offers a unique platform to explore their inherent skills and strengths as a practitioner or teacher. The Barkan Level II/III Training is considered the top-rated training in the United States and beyond. There are thousands of students and studio owners worldwide that got their start withThe Barkan Method of Hot Yoga. Jimmy’s extensive experience in teaching, guiding, body alignment and yoga history is what separates & distinguishes The Barkan Method Trainings from many others.
Come and discover what thousands already know – that The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga Training prepares you to be the best yogi you can be!
Listen to Jimmy talk about the training:
- Super Early Bird Special: just $1,250 when paid in full before 31st May
- Early Bird: $1,495 when paid in full before 31st July
- FULL PRICE: $1,695 from 1st August 2020
Already completed this training? Even bigger discounts for returning graduates:
- Super Early Bird: just $1,000 when paid before 31st May
- Early Bird: $1,250 when paid in full before 31st July
- FULL PRICE: $1,400 for returning Barkan Method Level II/III graduates
$500 deposit* to secure your space!
All prices in Australian dollars (AUD)
Contact us if you would like to setup a Payment Plan or you're a Level 2/3 graduate and eligible for the returning price option.
Any questions? Ask us!
Option #1 - students who are not Certified Teachers
Participate in the program as an student and take your practice to the next level practicing Hot Vinyasa and hot yoga postures from our sacred lineage in Calcutta, India. Participants must mail in a letter of recommendation from a 200-hour Yoga Teacher
Please note: You will not receive a certification to teach The Barkan Method Hot Vinyasa Flow in Option #2. Student participants will receive a Letter of Completion - if you pass a 200 Hour Teacher Training later, this can be become an 80 Hour Course Certification with Jimmy's approval.
Option #2 - already a 200 Hr. Certified Instructor
Earn your 80 hour course certification to teach The Barkan Method Hot Vinyasa Flow, if you’re already a 200-hour certified Teacher in the Barkan Method or a similar style of Hot Yoga. Learn and Practice advanced hot yoga postures from our sacred lineage in Calcutta, India. Participants must mail in a copy of their 200-hour teacher training certification.
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone with more than 6 months of regular yoga practice: You don't need to be "an Expert Yogi," nor do you have to be able to handstand or do the splits. People are at all levels in every training and having each and every student be at different places in their yoga journey - and having fun - is what makes each course unique.
- Yogis interested in learning more about the philosophy and history of yoga: Yoga is much more than just physical activity. Here you can explore the spiritual side of yoga; learn about breath work; discuss the ethical and moral foundations of our yoga practice; focus on a daily meditation routine; and more.
- Yogis keen on improving their practice.Not everybody joins to become a teacher. This training can provide the ability to simply focus on your own practice, as there are both multiple classes each day, but also in-depth workshops examining the poses we learn.
- Those with an open mind: Go in without any expectation of what the course (or you) "should" be and you might be surprised with what you experience.
- Anyone who wants to meet others who are also focused on their yoga. Teacher training provides a great opportunity to both meet and share a unique experience with like-minded people.
- Yoga Teachers wanting to expand their knowledge: Ground yourself with a comprehensive course, covering all the different aspects of Yoga - from the physical postures, to it's history; the spiritual and philosophical foundations of our practice, to our sacred lineage; and move from the theoretical to the practical with a solid foundation to share with your students.
About Jimmy Barkan
Jimmy Barkan - one of the pioneers of Hot Yoga in the United States - is a Master Yoga Teacher certified by Ghosh’s College of India, Calcutta, India in 1981.
Jimmy’s first yoga studio, Yoga College Of India, opened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida January 20, 1983. Jimmy has worked with the United State’s top professional athletes throughout the years including members of the NFL, NBA, NHL, The 1997 World Series Champions Florida Marlins and PGA Tour players.
Since 1986, Jimmy has certified over 1500 Hot Yoga Teachers.
Rebranded in 2002 as The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga, Jimmy’s Level I Barkan Method Teacher Training programs are based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and held all over the world. In recent years Barkan has trained students in Japan, Iceland, Hungary, Australia, to name a few. Barkan also offers Level II, and III Teacher Training programs throughout the year in Fort Lauderdale and Costa Rica and Australia.
Students can find studios practicing The Barkan Method in Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, South America, Thailand, South Africa, Ireland, The United Kingdom and throughout the United States.
Jimmy Barkan has a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts from New York University. His original dream, to be a singer and actor, is his foundation to help teachers find their own voice and personal expression.
Jimmy’s experience in teaching for over 38 years, along with his experience as a performer on stage, helps him direct trainees to become better communicators and yoga teachers.
Teachers will have a sense of confidence and accomplishment upon completing his training and Jimmy’s unique background creates an experience you will not find elsewhere.
Jimmy has three children, Bobby and Jen Barkan, Sean Barkan and Amy Barkan, one grandson, Max, and lives with his wife Corinne in Ft. Lauderdale Fl. His passion is yoga and teaching students around the world.