The science of energy management. This ancient lineage based practice is used as a tool to still the mind, control energy within the body and cultivate the remembrance of the higher Self. Each week we journey through a different stage of Hatha yoga:
Moon (Chitta/ Mind): Calm, ground and stabilize.
Techniques involve twists, forward folds and building exhalation.
- You have a busy lifestyle or busy mind.
- You have trouble sleeping or digesting.
- You feel ungrounded or unsettled.
- You wish to improve concentration and meditation.
Sun (Prana/ Energy) : enliven and sensitise.
Techniques involve backbends, laterals, namaskars and building inhalation. Use of bandhas and breath retention.
- You feel stagnant, sad or depressed.
- You feel depleted, low energy, poor circulation and low immunity.
- You already feel mentally and physically grounded and calm.
Fire: to access the heart of Yoga.
Techniques involve all asana categories including inversions and extensions. Tantric techniques including pranayama, bandha, mantra and meditation.
- You feel balanced and grounded.
- You wish to begin awakening to a higher awareness and to find a deeper connection with the pure essence of your being- the divinity within.