Teacher Training Details
Congratulations on taking the first step to becoming a Hot Yoga Teacher!
Putting his extensive yoga experience and expertise to work, yogafusion is bringing Jimmy Barkan's Teacher Training to Adelaide, Australia to offer a transformative training experience with hisLevel I Barkan Method Hot Yoga Teacher training course. This 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is recognised by Yoga Alliance and will give you certification to teach Barkan Method Hot Yoga.
This yoga teacher training consists of two 10 day modules:
- 10th - 19th October 2019
- 21st - 30th November 2019
Get in touch today to join us in Adelaide for this once-in-a-lifetime Teacher Training!
Why Train With Jimmy Barkan and yogafusion?
With more than 38 years of teaching experience, Jimmy brings his knowledge and expertise to both up-and-coming and already qualified teachers. Here you will dive in to:
- Teaching methods
- Personal mentoring to find your authentic voice to lead a class
- Posture workshops
- Methods to guide your students
- Body alignment
- Daily yoga practices
- Yoga history & philosophy
These make this training course a fully immersive experience that reaches to every aspect of your teaching.
Jimmy’s interactive approach of teaching goes beyond motivational; with compassion and understanding, Jimmy connects with each of his students on a personal level and offers a unique platform to explore their inherent skills and strengths as a teacher. Jimmy Barkan’s Training is considered the top-rated training in the United States and beyond. There are thousands of students and studio owners worldwide that got their start with The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga.
Come and discover what thousands already know – that The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga Training prepares you to be the best yoga teacher you can be!
What's the investment?
- Just 4995* to become a full RYT200 Hour Yoga Teacher - recognised by Yoga Alliance
- 500* deposit to secure your space! (deposit non-refundable)
- Payment plans available upon request
- Early Bird Discount - SAVE 500* if paid in full by 30th June 2019
*All prices in Australian Dollars (AUD)
About Jimmy Barkan
Jimmy Barkan - one of the pioneers of Hot Yoga in the United States - is a Master Yoga Teacher certified by Ghosh’s College of India, Calcutta, India in 1981.
Jimmy’s first yoga studio, Yoga College Of India, opened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida January 20, 1983. Jimmy has worked with the United State’s top professional athletes throughout the years including members of the NFL, NBA, NHL, The 1997 World Series Champions Florida Marlins and PGA Tour players.
Since 1986, Jimmy has certified over 1500 Hot Yoga Teachers.
Rebranded in 2002 as The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga, Jimmy’s Level I Barkan Method Teacher Training programs are based in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and held all over the world. In recent years Barkan has trained students in Japan, Iceland, Hungary, Australia, to name a few. Barkan also offers Level II, and III Teacher Training programs throughout the year in Fort Lauderdale and Costa Rica and Australia.
Students can find studios practicing The Barkan Method in Canada, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, France, Germany, Austria, Hungary, South America, Thailand, South Africa, Ireland, The United Kingdom and throughout the United States.
Jimmy Barkan has a Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts from New York University. His original dream, to be a singer and actor, is his foundation to help teachers find their own voice and personal expression.
Jimmy’s experience in teaching for over 38 years, along with his experience as a performer on stage, helps him direct trainees to become better communicators and yoga teachers.
Teachers will have a sense of confidence and accomplishment upon completing his training and Jimmy’s unique background creates an experience you will not find elsewhere.
Jimmy has three children, Bobby and Jen Barkan, Sean Barkan and Amy Barkan, one grandson, Max, and lives with his wife Corinne in Ft. Lauderdale Fl. His passion is yoga and teaching students around the world.
Who should attend this course?
- Anyone with more than 6 months of regular yoga practice: You don't need to be "an Expert Yogi," nor do you have to be able to handstand or do the splits. People are at all levels in every training and having each and every student be at different points in their practice - and having fun - is what makes each course unique.
- Yogis interested in learning more about the philosophy and history of yoga: Yoga is much more than just physical activity. Here you can explore the spiritual side of yoga; learn about breath work; discuss the ethical and moral foundations of our yoga practice; focus on a daily meditation routine; and more.
- Yogis keen on improving their practice. Not everybody joins to become a teacher. This training can provide the ability to simply focus on your own practice, as there are both multiple classes each day, but also in-depth workshops examining the poses we learn.
- Those with an open mind: Go in without any expectation of what the course (or you) "should" be and you might be surprised with what you experience.
- Anyone who wants to meet others who are also focused on their yoga. Teacher training provides a great opportunity to both meet and share a unique experience with like-minded people.
Is this the right time for me?
Everyone struggles to find time for themselves - and it is no different when committing to a Teacher Training. Our daily lives are constantly shifting - from financial situations, to our relationships and responsibilities. Making the investment in ourselves to attend a teacher training is to listen to the gentle voice, deep inside that is always striving to grow, learn and transform.
There is never a "right" or "perfect" time. There will always be something on our plate - it’s about creating space for something if it’s what is calling to us.